There’s nothing quite like being told not to do something, to make you really want to do it. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that. But in this Coronavirus situation, we just can’t do it.
We love remote working, but we’re used to doing so from a friendly Winchester coffee shop with a brew in one hand and city buzz going on around us. Now that we’re not allowed to do it, we’ve realised just how much we really do enjoy this part of our working day.
So as we’re currently missing our Winchester haunts so much, we thought we would share a list of our favourite Winchester coffee shops - including some lovely independent places that might need a bit of support once all this is over.
In no particular order, here are some of our favourite places to grab a coffee in Winchester:
- Hoxton Bakehouse – Great coffee and avocado on toast! They are currently selling groceries and bread, with home delivery available.
- Cabinet Rooms – Gary and Marcus have a great place, and are so passionate about Winchester
- Tom’s Deli – A classic since the 1980’s, and Sprechen wouldn’t have existed without Tom helping us
- Café Monde – Home to the hangover breakfast – And they are huge!
- Bridge Patisserie – Moira does great cake! They are currently open for takeaways as well as delivering care packages and provisions to the surrounding community.
- Eat, Drink, Be – We’ve spent many an hour sipping coffee here, from lone working to meeting colleagues.
- Closs and Hamblin café – We like the quieter places too, like this little gem hidden upstairs, previously known as C&H
- Local garden centres – Another quieter option with great food and coffee, often with free parking and free Wi-Fi which is always a bonus!
It’s been so heart-warming seeing our community come together in this time of need, supporting the vulnerable and the isolated among us.
For now, Stay Home and stay safe. As soon as we’re allowed back out and the coffee shops can start to re-open, we’ll be getting our favourite coffees and settling down to some work in our vibrant, Winchester community.
Let us know which coffee shops and cafes you’re currently missing and we’ll add them to our list to visit when this is over!
For a list of cafes and restaurants that are offering a delivery service head to https://winchesterlocal.uk/